|Ratchet & Clank (2016)|
|Date Released||April 29th, 2016|
|Completionist Rating||Complete It!|
|Link||Ratchet & Clank 2016|
Ratchet & Clank is a platformer-shooter video game developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It is a re-imagining of the first game in the series, based on the film adaptation by Rainmaker Entertainment and Blockade Entertainment. The game was originally planned to be released on the PlayStation 4 in 2015, but was delayed, along with the film, to April 2016 in order to give the film a better marketing campaign and the game additional polish time.
The Completionist Edit
Jirard notes that the story is pretty much the plot of the movie, albeit with some details left out. However, he criticizes the pacing of Ratchet's character development.
Jirard praises the presentation as looking a lot like an animated Disney or Pixar movie.He compliments the world building and voice acting. However, he finds the soundtrack average, but fitting. In terms of gameplay, he finds it satisfying to be playing a platformer once more. He also finds the game to be easy. He praises the weapons, considering them all the best in the game.
Jirard is happy to see that cheat codes are available upon completing the game, as it's been too long since a new game had cheat codes in his eyes.
As a whole, Jirard is a little disappointed the game was so easy and short. It left him desiring more. Even still, he finds it incredibly fun.
- 8 Deaths
- 22 Hours of total playtime
- 2 Full campaign runs (1 of which was the "Challenge Goal" run)
- 6 Golden rewards from making first place in races
- 16 Weapons total (including the pre-order only weapon)
- 107 Ratchet & Clank collectible cards
- 814 Weapon nodes fully upgraded
- 48 Enemy types who danced the night away
- Jirard received the game early from Sony, and played it originally not intending to review it.