|Donkey Kong Country|
|Date Released||January 17th, 2014|
|Completionist Rating||Finish It!|
|Link||Donkey Kong Country|
|Super Beard Bros. Info|
|Date Began||August 10th, 2013|
|Date Ended||November 9th, 2013|
|Number of Episodes||12|
|Playlist||Donkey Kong Country|
Donkey Kong Country is a platform video game developed by Rare that was originally released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System on November 21, 1994. Donkey Kong Country was the first Donkey Kong game that was not produced or directed by Shigeru Miyamoto, the character's original creator. It was produced by Tim Stamper instead, although Miyamoto was still involved with the project. Following an intense marketing campaign, Donkey Kong Country received very high critical praise and sold over nine million copies worldwide, making it the second best-selling Super Nintendo game. The game was later re-released for the Game Boy Color on November 20, 2000, the Game Boy Advance on June 9, 2003 and the Virtual Console on February 19, 2007. The game, along with its sequels, were taken off the Virtual Console on November 2012 in the United States without notice, and November 25, 2012 in Europe. However, this game, along with its sequels, were added to the Wii U Virtual Console on Februrary 26, 2015 in North America.
On January 17th, 2014, Jirard released his review of Donkey Kong Country as the start of "Super Beard Brothers Month."
In addition to being Super Beard Brothers Month, the episode also begins with a small skit with Jirard finally getting an office space to work on the show, rather than his usual two-year home.
Jirard of course lauds after the graphics, which were very advanced for the time, and especially for the Super Nintendo. The music also gets some big kudos from him. However, he finds some of the level design annoying, with an uneven level curve. Though he praises the unique feel of the gameplay from DK's former enemy Mario. He doesn't feel the game is worth completing, due to a lack of a reward for doing so. Also, he brings attention to a level that will not allow you to 100% it unless you beat all three of its bonus areas on the first try.
- Footage from Super Beard Bros. was used on The Completionist episode.
- This game was Jirard's first exposure to Donkey Kong.
- Jirard completed the game in another play-through using only one life and under an hour. However, the challenge was just a joke by Cranky Kong at the end of the game, and was completely unneeded.
Super Beard Bros.Edit
On August 10th, 2013, the first episode of the series was uploaded.
The series was completed on November 9th, 2013, making this the 6th Game beaten on Super Beard Bros.
- After Jirard gets a secret in Episode 3, Alex makes a sound that reminds him of the Goonies, and then says "Oh my god, I've been wearing a Goonies shirt for the past 5 days. I mean, I change my clothes."
- In Episode 11, the Beard Bros. say that the week after Halloween is "Lou Bega Week" from now on.